Rok akademicki 2018/19
Full-time studies.MA/BA Programme
Ordinance No. 20/2016
of The Rector Of The University of Wroclaw
of 9th of March 2016
on compulsory Polish language course for foreign students of graduate and doctoral studies at the University of Wroclaw
On the basis of art. 66 paragraph. 2 of the Act of 27 July 2005 - Law on Higher Education (Official Journal of Laws of 2012., Pos. 572, as amended) it is hereby ordered as follows
1. The Polish language course for foreigners studying in English is compulsory from the winter semester of the first year and ends with an exam certifying language proficiency at the level of at least A1.
2. The Polish language course lasts a minimum of 60 hours, and is carried out during one or two semesters, and ends with an exam certifying language proficiency at the level of at least A1.
3. For passing the exam certifying language proficiency, a foreign student studying in English receives 5 ECTS.
2. Foreign students at the University of Wroclaw who are studying in English, may take the exam certifying language proficiency at levels A2, B1, B2, C1 or C2, at an earlier term than provided in their study schedule.
3. Positive results of the examination confirming proficiency which are present in the student's documentation of studies, exempts the student from the obligation to continue attending to the language course and to take examinations.
1. Students who submit an appropriate language certificate or other proof of language competence, which is recognized by the School of Polish Language, may obtain confirmation of Polish language proficiency.
2. The documents referred to in paragraph 1, are in particular: the certificate of Proficiency of Polish issued by the State Commission for the Certification of Proficiency in Polish as a Foreign Language, a certificate proving completion of a one year's language course which prepares to study in Polish, which should be issued by entities designated by the minister responsible for higher education, or other documents recognized by the School of Polish language (list of honored documents from Polish language schools is available on the School's website).
3. Proof of language proficiency in accordance with paragraph 1 present in the student's documentation of studies, exempts the student from the obligation to attend to the Polish language course and to take examinations.
1. The exemption from the Polish language course can be applied to foreign students / doctoral students who passed their final school exams (Matura) in Polish or completed the first degree or second degree or graduate studies in Polish.
2. The to the Polish language exemption can be permitted by
1 / the Dean - at the request of the student,
2 / the manager of doctoral studies - at the request of the doctoral student, on the advice of the Director of the School of Polish Language.
3. The Dean/Director of doctoral studies exempt the student/PhD student from the obligation of the Polish language course, if it results from agreements with other universities.
4. Student/PhD student exempted from the Polish language course does not receive ECTS credits.
1. The School of Polish Language introduces a set of language courses in Polish language and examinations of proficiency to the University System of Studying Service (USOS), and provides operating the system, in particular by:
a / editing items in successive cycles of studies,
b / running protocols of credits
c / introducing assessments of advances and exam confirming the language proficiency to the protocols.
2. Paper versions of the protocols of credit are held in the School of Polish Language for the period specified in the Office Instruction and the Unitary Inventory of Act of the University of Wroclaw.
1. The worker of the Dean's office or the student/PhD student attaches the Polish language Course in the University System of Studying Service (USOS) to the semester in which the School of Polish Language has introduced the assessment of the language course together with the assigned number of classes.
2. The worker of the Dean's office or student/PhD student attaches in the USOS system the subject confirming proficiency in the semester in which the School of Polish Language has introduced an assessment of the exam in this subject, with associated ECTS (respectively 8 or 5 ECTS).
Foreign students who began their studies at the University of Wroclaw before 22nd of February 2016., attend to the Polish language course according to the rules which were in force on their first day of studies at the University of Wroclaw.
Supervision of this Ordinance is the responsibility of the Vice-Rector for Education.
Ordinance No. 21/2012 of the Rector of the University of Wroclaw of 14th March 2012 on the introduction of compulsory Polish language course for foreign students at the University of Wroclaw, is repealed, subject to § 9.
The order shall come into force upon signature, with effect from 22 February 2016.
Signed by: Prof. Marek Bojarski
THE RECTOR OF THE
UNIVERSITY OF WROCŁAW